General Travel Vaccination Advice for Sweden
The decision to travel to Sweden is your decision and you are in charge of getting all the vaccination you are required to have ahead of your planned trip to Sweden.
The material on this web page is provided for information only and collected from travel advice and warnings for Sweden by authorities worldwide to their citizens.
While we make every effort to give you correct travel advice information, it is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
General Vaccination Needed for Sweden
Do I require to vaccination when taking a trip to Sweden? Anybody choosing to embark on holiday or business trip to Sweden require to get in touch with a healthcare professional or visit a travel health clinic ideally six weeks before you travel regarding the folloing:
Regular Vaccinations – Be sure that your regular vaccines such as inoculation for measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, varicella (chickenpox), influenza and others are up-to-date regardless of your trip to Sweden.
In addition, you may be at risk for these vaccine-preventable diseases while taking a trip in Sweden. Talk with your travel health expert regarding which of these injections are right for you:
- Covid 19 is a transmittable viral disease. It can spread from person to person by direct contact as well as through droplets in the air.
- Hepatitis B A disease of the liver spread via blood or other bodily fluids. Visitors that might be exposed (e.g., through sexual contact, clinical therapy, sharing needles, tattooing, acupuncture or work exposure) should get vaccinated.
- Influenza (Flu) Seasonal influenza occurs worldwide is caused by a virus spread from person to person when they cough or sneeze or by touching objects and surface areas that have actually been contaminated with the virus.
- Measles is an extremely infectious viral disease. It can spread swiftly from person to person by direct contact and also through droplets airborne.
- Tick-borne encephalitis exists in some locations of Sweden and it is a viral disease that impacts the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). It is spread to humans by the bite of infected ticks or when you consume unpasteurized milk products.
Is it safe to take a trip to an area with animals in Sweden?
Visitors to Sweden are normally cautioned to stay away from contact with animals, including pet dogs, monkeys, snakes, rodents, birds, and also bats. Some infections located in some areas of Sweden, like avian influenza and rabies, can be shared among people and animals.
Whilst travelling Sweden, is it safer to drink water in Sweden?
Travellers to any location worldwide including Sweden can develop travellers’ diarrhea from consuming contaminated water or food.
As food and water can carry diseases such as cholera, hepatitis A, schistosomiasis and also typhoid, be sure to practice safe food and water precautions while travelling in any part of the world. Keep in mind: Boil it, cook it, peel it, or leave it!
Travel insurance for Sweden
Health cover is one of the major factors visitors get travel insurance. It will not avoid you getting sick or seriously injured, though it can prevent you suffering financially. Medical aid overseas can be extremely expensive.
You must shell out for all treatment you receive overseas. You can’t expect to get free or subsidised care through your Sweden’s public health system, like you would in your home country.
If you can not pay, local authorities might jail you. The government from your home country can not pay you medical bill for you, loan you cash or get you out of jail.
You need travel insurance coverage for travelling to Sweden. You also need to make sure you pick a plan that is right for you.
Read through the small print of your travel insurance policy.
Declare all pre-existing conditions to your travel insurer upfront. If you do not, you might void your travel insurance coverage.
Tell your travel insurance provider the activities you intend to do, prior to you go. Many popular activities like skiing are left out in basic plans. You might need to pay additional.
Check if you have free credit card travel insurance coverage. Some cards include travel insurance policy cover. Nonetheless, they frequently have various conditions than paid plans. Be aware of the differences.
If you’re going to Sweden from a country that has a reciprocal healthcare arrangement, you still need travel medical insurance. Agreements are limited in what they’ll will cover.
If you have a terminal illness, you may not have the ability to get standard travel insurance coverage. However you may have the ability to find a specialised insurer that covers you for health, mishaps or property troubles unconnected to your ailment. Talk with your insurer to find out.
Learn more about getting worldwide travel insurance for Sweden before you go.