General Travel Vaccination Advice for Luxembourg
The decision to travel to Luxembourg is your decision and you are accountable for getting all the vaccination you are required to have ahead of your planned trip to Luxembourg.
The material on this page is provided for information only and pulled together from travel advice and warnings for Luxembourg by authorities around the world to their citizens.
While we make every effort to give you latest travel advice information, it is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
General Vaccination Needed for Luxembourg
Do I need to vaccination when travelling to Luxembourg? Any individual wishing to go on vacation or business trip to Luxembourg need to get in touch with a health care specialist or visit a travel health clinic preferably 6 weeks before you travel regarding the folloing:
Regular Vaccines – Be sure that your routine vaccines such as inoculation for measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, varicella (chickenpox), influenza and others are up-to-date no matter your trip to Luxembourg.
Additionally, you may be at risk for these vaccine-preventable diseases while travelling in Luxembourg. Talk to your travel health expert concerning which of these injections are right for you:
- Covid 19 is a contagious viral disease. It can spread from one person to another by direct contact and also through droplets in the air.
- Hepatitis B A disease of the liver spread via blood or various other bodily fluids. Visitors that may be exposed (e.g., through sexual contact, medical therapy, sharing needles, tattooing, acupuncture or occupational exposure) should obtain immunized.
- Influenza (Flu) Seasonal flu takes place worldwide is triggered by an infection spread from person to person when they cough or sneeze or by touching items and surface areas that have been infected with the virus.
- Measles is a highly contagious viral disease. It can spread out quickly from one person to another by direct contact and also through droplets airborne.
- Tick-borne encephalitis is present in some areas of Luxembourg and it is a viral disease that affects the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). It is spread to human beings by the bite of infected ticks or when you consume unpasteurized milk products.
Is it safer to take a trip to an area with pets in Luxembourg?
Tourists to Luxembourg are usually warned to keep away from contact with animals, including canines, monkeys, snakes, rodents, birds, and also bats. Some infections discovered in some areas of Luxembourg, like bird influenza as well as rabies, can be shared between people and animals.
Whilst taking a trip Luxembourg, is it safer to drink water in Luxembourg?
Visitors to any destination on the planet including Luxembourg can develop travellers’ diarrhea from consuming contaminated water or food.
As food and water can carry diseases like cholera, hepatitis A, schistosomiasis and also typhoid, always practice safe food and water precautions while taking a trip in any part of the world. Remember: Boil it, cook it, peel it, or leave it!
Travel insurance for Luxembourg
Health cover is among the main factors visitors get travel insurance. It will not stop you getting ill or injured, though it can prevent you being affected financially. Medical assistance overseas can be very expensive.
You have to pay for all treatment you receive overseas. You can not expect to get free or subsidised care through your Luxembourg’s public health system, like you would in your home country.
If you can not pay, local authorities could jail you. The government from your home country can’t pay you health care costs for you, loan you cash or get you out of jail.
You require travel insurance for travelling to Luxembourg. You also need to make certain you pick a plan that is right for you.
Read through the fine print of your travel insurance policy.
Declare all pre-existing conditions to your travel insurance company upfront. If you don’t, you might void your travel insurance plan.
Tell your travel insurance company the activities you intend to do, before you go. Many popular activities like skiing are omitted in basic policies. You may need to pay additional.
Check if you have complimentary credit card travel insurance. Some cards include travel insurance coverage cover. Nevertheless, they commonly have various conditions than paid plans. Be aware of the differences.
If you’re travelling to Luxembourg from a country that has a reciprocatory health care arrangement, you still require travel health insurance. Agreements are limited in what they’ll will cover.
If you have a terminal disease, you might not have the ability to get basic travel insurance. Nonetheless you might be able to get a specialised insurance provider that covers you for health, accidents or property issues unassociated to your health problem. Speak to your insurance firm to learn.
Discover more about obtaining global travel insurance for Luxembourg before you go.